Ted Heins

Ted Heins

May 17, 2022

Ted Heins joined ECP in 2017.  Prior to that he was an Assistant Coach of the 12U team for two years with TCA Philadelphia.  Ted started the Unionville Rec Volleyball program and served as  Commissioner/Coach for grades 3-8 for two seasons. and 1 season with Kennett Square Recreation.  Ted attended college in California, played volleyball at the club level and continues to play socially today.  Ted is a husband and father of three, “name the sport…we play it”.     

Coaching Philosophy:  My goal is to provide a team environment in which everyone learns to love the sport, improves and finds success.  

Best Volleyball Moment: My favorite moment of every season occurs when the team starts working as a team.  Sometimes it’s in the 2nd week, sometimes in the 2nd month…but it’s great when it happens.

My Life in Sports: I was a varsity tennis and golfer at LaSalle College High School, achieving Philadelphia All-Catholic honors.  As an adult I love to play tennis, ski the black diamonds, and ripstick with the kids in the driveway.

When I’m Not Coaching Volleyball… I’m devoting my time to my family, anything outside.  My 9-5 is marketing for a large bank.

Favorite subject in school: Marketing

Last Book I Read: Seabiscuit

Favorite Movie: The Blind Side

Favorite Quote: “80% of success might be showing up, but the other 20% is following through.”

Person I’d Like to Have Dinner With:  Bill Gates

Something You Probably Don’t Know About Me:  I used to rollerblade down the hills of San Francisco to train for ski season.